Our Past . . .
Third Creek Presbyterian Church was organized in 1751 with the preaching of Rev. John Thompson. The original sanctuary was erected in the middle of what is now the cemetery grounds. The current sanctuary was built in 1835. The education building was completed in 1949, and the newest addition, which includes the fellowship hall and offices, in 1998.
Third Creek celebrated its 260th Anniversary in 2011. In 1983, Third Creek Presbyterian Church and Cemetery were added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Our Present ...
We are a family of believers centered on our discipleship to Jesus Christ. We worship in a traditional service each Sunday, with nursery provided, and are blessed with a tremendous music program.
We have Sunday school for all ages. We also have a mid-week Bible study and Vacation Bible School in the summer.
We have regular fellowship activities, covered-dish suppers and other events. We are a family-oriented church that has an open and welcoming heart for all.
Our Vision . . .
We are a community of God's people that seeks a balance between preserving our memories and planning our future.
We are committed to serving God as we live and work together in Christian fellowship for each other, our church, and our community.
By God's grace, we are responding to the two great commandments confirmed by Jesus - to love God with all our heart, soul, and mind and our neighbors as ourselves.
We are called to fulfill the mission Jesus gave the church, to make disciples and teach them to carry out Jesus' commands.